Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What about the eyelashes?


Sweet sleeper.
Originally uploaded by mindithemagnificent
I cannot count the number of times I have looked down upon this. Countless hours spent watching him sleep.

Will those eyelashes ever be the same? I know they will return, but what will they be like? What will the hair on his head look like? Different color? Different texture? Curly? Thin? Full?

He will have a whole new look in just over three weeks. While I know it will be temporary, the question of what it will be like is constant. Will it change the way I see him? The way I interact with him? So far, no one really knows how sick he is. Not for long. It will be obvious to everyone. Am I ready for the looks of pity. The repeat glances. The outright stares. The honestly curious who will ask. The compassionate eyes.

I know this. Who is IS will not change. It may shift, for a while. He will return. I'm ready for this. I'm terrified. I've got my armor on. We are battle ready.

No comments: