Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Today.

You cannot tell someone, in the pit of despair that it will get better. Well, you could. It wouldn't do you any good.

I've been in that pit of despair. I've dwelt there for entirely longer than I'd like to admit. So deep that I could not imagine ever seeing the sunshine again.

I am pragmatic enough to know that it is not gone forever. I am pragmatic enough to know that I will skirt it's edges for the rest of my life.

Today I am happy.

Today I have hope.

Today I give and RECEIVE love.

Today needs to be remembered. Today needs to be marked. Today needs to be immortalized.

There will be a tomorrow when I will need to be reminded of today.

Today the OffSpring are filled with joy. They are happy to be in each others company. They are asking and giving hugs to each other. They are playing together, exploring and imagining.

Today I feel plugged in. Not in an overloaded way. My power strip is only partially full, with a few spots left for power. It's not an overly stuffed strip, maxed out with extra power strips plugged in to accommodate the need for energy. I have reserves.

I have regained a sense of myself. I have reclaimed my strut. I feel like there is a light in my eyes, again. Not the deer in the headlights stare. I greet you with a grin, instead of my somber expression.

Today. It is mine.
Tomorrow? Only time will tell.
What matters is TODAY.

1 comment:

Shannan said...

I love every word.