Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Can't do it without you.

NaBloPoMo ~ If you were President of the United States, what would be your first act in office?


Ha! Can you imagine? 

My first act? Pinch myself. Not my scene, thankyouverymuch. As hard as it is, I prefer the grassroots stuff. Not necessarily the underdog, but the community building and working together stuff. Ya know, like St Baldrick's Foundation

There is something I need you to do. I need you to click this link over at St Baldrick's and read about the Federal Budget Sequester and how it will affect TODAY'S kids that have been diagnosed with cancer and the research that is conducted through the over 200 Children's Oncology Group (COG) hospitals across the United States. There is an action step for you to do. Please. They need your help. Gregory is at a significant risk for a secondary cancer, he  potentially could need your help, too.

What? You say Chuck Norris is weighing in on childhood cancer?? Yep. Check it

  • "Though research in pediatric cancer has historically been underfunded, pediatric cancer investigators have been on the cutting edge of cancer treatments and cures for decades. In addition, many of the principles of therapy used in treating adults with cancer were first tested and developed at the pediatric level.
    Yet pediatric cancer investigators must spend a great portion of their time sniffing out funding for their projects, which takes them away from the research lab."

Not sure what I think about this, yet, but it sounds truly promising for our kiddos that do survive and wish to have children of their own someday. Before you get too worked up, please have a basic understanding about stem cells. These are NOT embryonic stem cells. 


The holidays are quickly approaching and I know several families that choose to make charitable donations in lieu of gifts. If that is something you do, or if you simply would like to make a donation to fund life saving childhood cancer research, I am still asking for donations on my bald noggin for St Baldrick's. 'Cause hair grows back. Kids don't. My donation page is here

Jason Winston George and I, post shave.
July 29, 2012 ~ Hollywood, CA

In honor, in memory, in defense.
~MindiTheMagnificent
Momcologist

NaBloPoMo November 2012

No comments: