Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Symbiosis

Symbiosis ~ 1: the living together in more or less intimate association or close union of two dissimilar organism

Sitting here being absolutely wired and tired, at the same time.  Today was a very busy day.  Gregory heaved last night around 1:30 and this morning, at wake up.  8:00.  I guess the Chemo he had has a slow and fierce nausea factor.  When I asked the team how long this might last, the response was 'weeks'.  So we are figuring out the best combination of antiemetics for him.  We are up to three different ones, so far.  He perked up off and on, today.  Drank a bunch and nibbled, occasionally.  Rode his trike, took a bath and had a dressing change.  Me?  One of my maternal cousins spent the day with us!!!  She ventured to the big city to unexpectedly help me move us into our APARTMENT and help clean the original room.  Her help was priceless and very timely.  So yeah.  We now have our BMT apartment and I will be making it homey, when I can get over there, over the next several weeks.  I'm grateful to have it now.  The sibs are coming over to visit the week of Gregory's birthday and a little more room and autonomy will come in handy.  My brother (Shawn) and his family also stopped in for a visit with a very amazing gift of an ipod nano with Gregory's favorite movies, pre-loaded.  He loves it!!!  There are also a ton of our families various pictures on it.  A great little pick me up for The Greginator.

At 11:00 our nurse is going to start calling the lab to see if the marrow has arrived.  Once we know it has hit the building, we can start to prepare Gregory with his meds and fluids.  I am literally shaking as I type this out.  The enormity of what this donor went through today is looming large in my heart.  I hope that some day we will be able to offer her our gratitude for this amazing gift she has given us.

I am going to go chill with the man, now.  We need to rest, get centered and manifiest a happy home for the cells that are, at this moment, speeding through time and space. 

No comments: