Friday, June 4, 2010

Have you gotten angry? If so, what did you do to deal with it?

Anger. Hrmmmm. To me, anger is directed at something. Early on I was able to wrap my head around the fact that I cannot DO anything to change Gregory's diagnosis and course of treatment. I reserve anger for things that can change or have control over. I've never asked the elusive "WHY?" question, either.

There have been plenty of other emotions, though. Lots and lots of fear, frustration, heart wrenching sadness, anxiety, stress, worry......... I let myself go to these places. I let myself feel everything that comes along for the ride. I've spent many evenings "Dancing with the Devil in the pale moon light.". I don't have a time machine or the possibility of changing Gregory's genetics. We take it moment to moment, one foot in front of the other.

With love, community, joy and music.

Ask me anything

No comments: